The trickle-down theory of pushing people around.
A series of short scenes that show why the problem of bullying is not restricted to the playground. Commissioned by Dramatic Publishing and included in its anthology, The Bully Plays.
The play is expandable and playable with a single sturdy table which could double as desk, dining room table, bus, etc.
Run Time: COMING SOON
Cast of Characters:
The play can be performed by eight to 10 actors.
- EVERETT BLEDSOE (THE BOSS), a sales director for a beauty products supply company.
- SMEDLEY, an ineffective salesman for the company.
- JUNIOR, Smedley’s son, 12.
- DARLA, his daughter, 14
- MARCIE, a girl on the school bus.
- THE GANG – as much a mentality as a group, to be performed by one to three or more actors.
- NICKLES, a school administrator
The Gang’s lines may be divided among the actors assigned to the role, according to the needs of the production, or spoken in unison by as many actors as you can fit into the ‘bus’ – however you choose to represent the bus.
The play could also be performed by four adult actors, doubling as follows:
These would be two different experiences, no doubt, but the point should be the same.
Multiple productions, including Omaha Theatre Company.